New Hampshire Humanities offers essential opportunities for discovery, self-reflection, and lifelong learning by fostering civil discourse and bringing ideas from the humanities to the people of New Hampshire. We connect people with ideas. New Hampshire Humanities nurtures the joy of learning and inspires community engagement by bringing life-enhancing ideas from the humanities to the people of New Hampshire.
For almost 50 years, New Hampshire Humanities has been connecting people to culture, history, places, ideas, and one another.
They work to
- bring the thrill of discovery and the power of ideas to people of all walks of life, from all corners of our state.
- support local cultural and educational institutions by awarding grants for innovative educational programs and capacity building.
- invite citizens to reason together, to learn from and listen to one another.
- offer teachers cost-effective, content-rich professional development that strengthens the teaching of the humanities in our schools, from civics to Native American history.
- develop communities of readers, especially among those struggling with literacy and those new citizens just learning about their new culture and government